Chattanooga State School Code: 003998
Most Federal aid is need-based and requires you to demonstrate that your family income is within certain levels to qualify for federal assistance. To maximize your award possibilities, complete documentation as soon after January 1 as possible.
- Verification The Department of Education selects about 20% of FAFSAs for a process called Verification. Students selected for Verification must complete additional forms and submit additional documents to qualify for financial aid. Check TigerWeb often to see if you are selected for Verification and complete all requirements as soon as possible. Verification can take between 3 to 5 weeks to complete once all documents have been submitted.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Students are required to successfully progress toward their degree in order to continue receiving financial aid. Students who are suspended from financial aid will be ineligible. Students who are suspended for not meeting the requirements below will have an appeal added to their TigerWeb, but approval is not guaranteed.
- Students must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Students must complete at least 67% of all the courses they attempt
- Students must graduate before reaching 90 attempted hours.
- Apply for an FSA ID. Your FSA ID will be your permanent login and signature for the FAFSA and all other federal aid services.
- Complete the FAFSA. Chattanooga State code: 003998.
The Department of Education will determine your eligibility for federal aid based on your household size, income, and assets. The Financial Aid Office does not determine the amount of aid you are qualified to receive.
- Apply for admissions if you have not done so already.
- Make sure all your prior college and high school transcripts have been submitted to the Admissions & Records Office: students who do not submit all official transcripts will be ineligible for financial aid.
- Check your TigerWeb account for the ChattState Scholarship Application and apply for institutional and Foundation scholarships.
- Eligible applicants are selected and awarded approximately 8 months after they apply, so apply as soon as possible for a better chance to receive a scholarship in the Fall semester.
- ChattState Email Account: View the video tutorial below to learn how to check your ChattState email account often to see if you have any notifications from the college.
- TigerWeb Account: View the following tutorial to learn how to log into your TigerWeb account where you will see your financial aid, admissions status, registration information, and more.
- Financial Aid Requirements: View the following tutorial to learn how to check your financial aid requirements. Complete them as soon as possible to ensure you qualify for aid.
- Your financial aid eligibility is determined by your FAFSA and based on your residency. All grants and scholarships are automatically accepted and applied to your account based on your enrollment and cost of attendance.
- Federal Student Loans must be accepted on your TigerWeb self-service account. Students can accept all or part of their loans. Students who accept loans must complete Entrance Counseling and sign a Master Promissory Note available at https://studentaid.gov/
- The Bursar’s Office assesses tuition and fees and student balances. If your financial aid exceeds your balance, you will be automatically confirmed in your class schedule.
- If you owe a balance for your tuition, you will need to pay the remainder via TigerWeb or by contacting the Bursar’s Office.
- Students who do not have their tuition covered will be deleted from classes.