The FAFSA is a form completed by current and prospective U.S. college students to determine their eligibility for financial aid. ChattState's School Code is 003998.
How to Fill Out the FAFSA
Federal Student Aid
FAFSA Aid Application Process
FAFSA Simplification Act
Federal Direct Loans
FAFSA Application Timeline
- Check in with your Success Coach
- Stop by the Enrollment Services Center or Student Services offices
- Email us at email@example.com
- Call us at (423) 697-4402
- FAFSA YouTube Channel
The “Link to IRS” option is available in the FAFSA for tax filers, to ensure that accurate information from the correct tax year is transferred into the federal aid application. Both students and a parent/step-parent/guardian can use the DRT, but you must have an FSA ID and password. Selecting this option will take you out of the FAFSA and to the IRS website, where you can try and locate your return from the correct tax year, then choose “transfer now” to import that information into the FAFSA. This can aid greatly in processing of your financial aid.
- If the student/parent is married and filed as “Married Filing Separately*,” you will not be able to use the DRT
- If the student/parent is married and filed as “Head of Household*,” you will not be able to use the DRT
- If the parents’ marital status is “unmarried but living together*,” you will not be able to use the DRT
- If the student/parent filed a Puerto Rican or foreign tax return, you will not be able to use the DRT
- If the student/parent filed an amended return, they may not be able to use the DRT
*The marital status for the student or parent/step-parent/guardian is as of the time you complete the FAFSA.