Dear Chattanooga State family,
As we come to the close of our second week of the fall semester, I hope that you all are settling into your schedules. Monday is Labor Day and the College will be closed. Enjoy the long weekend but remember to wear your face mask when in public.
Don’t Lose Your Schedule - Important Financial Aid Update
On September 6, about 880 students are at risk of having schedules deleted due to outstanding issues. Don’t let this be you! Do not assume TN Promise or TN Reconnect will cover any outstanding balances. Check your email, including your @my.chattanoogastate.edu TigerWeb email account.
Students at risk of having their schedules deleted were notified on Monday and Tuesday in multiple ways including a phone call, text message, and email. It is important that you contact the Enrollment Service Center (tiger.fyi/chat or 423-697-4404) before September 6 to resolve any outstanding issues. Even if you think you have financial aid, if you received a warning notice this week and do not contact the ESC, your schedule will be deleted on Sunday, September 6.
Daily Health Screening Questionnaire
- When completing the daily health screen, please be honest with your responses. If you are not feeling well or exhibiting symptoms of any illness, stay home. Do not come to campus. Also, if you have been exposed to a COVID-19 positive individual, stay home. Your instructors will work with you to ensure you are able to make up any missed class time so that you don’t fall behind in coursework.
- Every individual coming to campus must complete the daily health screening questionnaire. Even if you are just dropping someone off or being dropped off, everyone in the vehicle must complete the health screening form. Instructions and links to the health screen questionnaires are available here.
Out of an abundance of caution, TCAT 1 was closed Wednesday, September 2 for deep cleaning. The building will reopen Thursday. It was brought to our attention that individuals exhibiting symptoms were in the building on the evening of Tuesday, September 1. At this time, there is no confirmation that these individuals are positive for COVID-19.
Tutor.com for Fall 2020 Term - 24/7 Online Tutoring for ChattState Students
- Chattanooga State offers FREE on-demand, online tutoring through Tutor.com. The service is easy to use and can be accessed on any device that connects to the internet. Tutors are available to you 24/7. Click here to learn more.Tutors are available to help you across a wide range of subjects. Click here to view a list of courses for which tutoring is available.
- Chattanooga State also offers tutoring through the Andrews Reading and Writing Center and The Math Center. Click here to learn more.
Virtual Job Fair for Part-Time Job Seekers
Career Services is hosting a virtual Part-Time Job Fair on September 16 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. During this virtual event, you will be able to chat live with employers, share your resume, and apply for jobs. A reservation is required. RSVP at bit.ly/csjoblink using your Tigerweb username and password to login.
Do you have questions about the Virtual Career Fair or just want to learn more about your ChattState JOBlink account? Career Services will be hosting open virtual office hours to answer your questions. This is a great opportunity to meet with AJ Coleman from the Career Services Center and learn more about how to prepare for the upcoming Part-Time Job Fair. Visit the Career Services virtual office at https://chattstate.webex.com/meet/amenda.coleman during the designated days/times listed below:
- Tuesday, September 8, 2020 from 10:00 am to 11:00 am and 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
- Monday, September 14, from 10:00 am to 11:00 am and 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
October “minimester” - Classes Start October 14th
The 7-week “minimester” starts Wednesday, October 14. A listing of classes, including TCAT programs starting in October, is available at chattanoogastate.edu/minimester.
- To register for an October minimester class, contact your academic advisor or chat live with the Enrollment Service Center via the ESC Virtual Office.
- TCAT students can register online; however, if you need assistance, contact TCAT Student Services by phone (423-697-3379), email (TCATSS@ChattanoogaState.edu), or visit the TCAT Virtual Office, Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 4:30PM.
Blood Assurance Seeking COVID-19 Plasma Donors
Have you (or someone you know) had COVID-19 and recovered? You could save the lives of others who are critically ill in our area hospitals. Blood Assurance is looking for convalescent plasma donors to give plasma for donors ill with COVID-19. All convalescent plasma donations must be scheduled specially and cannot be made on Blood Assurance’s regular appointment page. Learn more about how you can help at https://www.bloodassurance.org/covidplasma.
Academic Resources for Students
- Kolwyck Library will be open with computers available for homework and online/virtual class attendance. Library access is by appointment only. To reserve a computer in the library, visit libcal.chattanoogastate.edu/reserve/computer. Check out the KLIC Library Online Live guide for more details. Chat with us if you have questions!
- The Virtual Math Center has a new location. If you need tutoring assistance, visit https://library.chattanoogastate.edu/mathcenter. The Virtual Math Center is open Monday - Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Fridays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Saturdays from Noon to 6:00 p.m.
- Visit the Fall 2020 Update page for a listing of additional academic resources.
- Academic Resources and The Testing Center provide support to students, assisting with a variety of issues regarding their course management system, Virtual Classes and testing.
Support Services for Students
- Technology Assistance: A limited number of devices are available for check-out. Devices will be assigned on a first request, first served basis. A valid ChattState student ID is required to request a device. This is a loaned device and must be returned at the end of the semester. To submit a device request, complete the Technology Request form here.
- Emergency Aid: The Helping Hands Fund provides emergency aid for students in need. Submit a Helping Hands Request here.
- Food: The Tiger Cupboard provides supplemental food and other necessities for students in need. Visit https://www.chattanoogastate.edu/tiger-cupboard for more information.
- Chattanooga State is dedicated to delivering support services and resources to assist our students. Learn more about the Student Support Center here.
COVID-19 Campus Response Plan
- Current Phase: We are currently operating in Phase 3: COVID Risk Level Yellow. The Campus Response Plan is available here. Any updates to campus operations will be posted on our website and any changes to phase of operations will be announced via email, website, and news release.
- Isolating on Campus: Should you become ill or receive confirmation of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis and are unable to immediately leave campus, TCAT 31 has been designated as the COVID-19 isolation area for TCAT students and employees. Room C56 in the CAT building has been designated as the COVID-19 isolation area for all non-TCAT students and employees.
- Weekly COVID-19 Reports: To keep you informed, the College is providing weekly COVID-19 updates detailing the reported positive cases and recoveries within the Chattanooga State community. The update is posted on our website here.
Please stay safe and healthy and wear your face mask. We are resilient. We are innovative. We are united. We are ChattState.
Rebecca Ashford, Ed.D.