The Hamilton County Health Department recognizes a fever of 100.4 as the recommended temperature at which an individual would be administered COVID-19 testing.
Either a cloth or surgical mask can be worn.
Politely remind the individual of the requirement for a face covering or mask and direct them to the appropriate location on campus to acquire a mask. Should an individual persist in not adhering to the Face Mask Policy while on Campus, student violations are to be reported to the Dean of Students and Employee violations will be reported to the Executive Director of Human Resources.
Students and employees are eligible to receive two (2) re-usable masks which can be picked-up at the following locations
- Amnicola Campus – Campus Police guard house
- Dayton Site - Administrative Office
- Kimball Site - Administrative Office
When two or more individuals are within 6-feet of each other, whether inside or outside, a mask must be worn. However, if you are alone while outside, a face mask does not have to be worn.
Students may be granted an exception to the mask requirement if wearing a mask poses a safety concern or interferes with the safety equipment required for their classwork. This exception would only apply when the task in question was being performed. Your instructor will inform you when it is appropriate to not wear a mask.
All Chattanooga State students and employees play an integral part in mitigating the spread of COVID-19. Taking responsibility for your own health and adhering to all campus protocols and procedures can help stop the spread of COVID-19. As such, we ask each individual of our Chattanooga State community to take the Safe Community Pledge. You can read the Chattanooga State Safe Community Pledge here.
Yes. The following options will be available during the fall semester:
- The library will be open and computers will be available for homework and online/virtual class attendance. Group study spaces, individual study spaces, and classrooms will not be open. Library access is by appointment only. Click here for more information.
- Engineering and IT students will have access to Rooms 215 and 216 in the Wacker Institute on a first come, first served basis.
- TCAT students will have access to TCAT 60 and TCAT 38 computer labs. Please note, these labs may be closed for testing purposes a few times per week. You should confirm hours of operation with your TCAT instructors.
- Additional space may be made available as the need arises.
For virtual classes, at your scheduled class date and time, log-in to eLearn to join your class. The eLearn portal will be open prior to the first day of classes to allow time for you to familiarize yourself with the log-in process. Additional information about eLearn, as well as TN eCampus, can be found here.
Yes. Complete the Technology Request form available here. A limited number of devices are available for check out. Devices will be assigned on a first request, first served basis. A valid Chattanooga State student ID is required to request a device. This is a loaned device and must be returned at the end of the semester.
As a rule, the College will not hold on-campus student or employee events. Any exceptions to this must be approved by a member of the President’s Cabinet. Upon approval, events must minimize attendance and follow social distancing and all safety protocols. Outdoor venues must be first considered.