Dear Chattanooga State Family,
It’s hard to believe we are wrapping up February and the middle of the semester is quickly approaching. I hope your semester is going well. As I look around the campus and see life return to the trees and feel the beginning of spring in the air, I am excited to know we are moving forward. The campus is becoming more accessible to the public, and we are looking forward to a more in-person schedule for the fall semester. That is something to celebrate! We are also planning some exciting schedule changes for the fall semester. See more about that below.
We are resilient. We are innovative. We are united. We are ChattState.
Rebecca Ashford, Ed.D.
In Fall 2021, we are changing to a new academic calendar, offering more in-person classes, and creating more classes that can be completed in as few as 7 weeks. These options enable students to focus on fewer classes at once, maintain motivation throughout the semester, earn higher grades, and graduate on-time. Stay tuned for more information about the Fall 2021 schedule.
- Tennessee Promise 2020-21 FAFSA filing deadline extended from February 1, 2021 to March 1, 2021. That is this Monday.
- Tennessee Reconnect Grant Program 2020-21 FAFSA filing deadline for the extended from February 1, 2021, to May 15, 2021.
- Dual Enrollment Grant application deadline for the Spring 2021 term extended from February 1, 2021, to May 15, 2021.
- Dual Enrollment Grant application deadline for the Spring 2021 term at Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology (TCAT) from March 1, 2021 to May 15, 2021.
Federal Student Aid, a division of the U.S. Department of Education, recently announced updates to its website and resources, including enhancements to counseling about student loans and improvements to the MyStudentAid mobile app.
The library computer lab is now open for immediate appointments Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm. Need to use a library computer in the evenings? No problem just plan ahead! The library computer lab is open for evening appointments made 24 hours in advance, Monday - Wednesday, 5pm - 7pm. Headsets with microphones are available, which are sanitized after each use.
This semester’s first Global Film Series, in collaboration with the Global Talk Series, is now available!
Stream A Place to Breathe between Feb 17 – March 2 through the ChattState Library (use your Tigerweb username/password), then join us on March 2nd at 2pm for a panel discussion with the film creator, Michelle Steinberg! Register for the event by clicking on the flier below.
- Tutoring: Virtual tutoring services are available to you.
- Emergency Aid: The Student Support Center is available to assist students struggling to meet their basic needs. Please use the Wellness Check on TigerWeb to let us know if you need assistance.
- Technology Support: Devices (laptops, hotspots, etc.) are available through the College. To request a device, complete the technology request form.
- Support Services: Chattanooga State is dedicated to delivering support services and resources to assist our students. Visit the virtual Student Support Center to learn more about the many services offered.
- Academic Resources: Visit the Spring 2021 Update page for a listing of academic resources, including links to the Math Center, Andrews Reading and Writing Center, the Testing Center, Kolwyck Library, and more.
- Student Assistance Library (Lib) Guide: We now have a Lib Guide for students to provide assistance with eLearn / Virtual Classes / Proctoring / Accessibility / etc.
- Career Services Center: The Career Services Center is available to provide services online or by phone to Chattanooga State students, alumni, faculty and staff. Services include career counseling & assistance with selecting a major, job search planning, resume writing assistance, interview skills, and more. Visit JOBlink to view job and internship opportunities. To schedule an appointment for any service, please call 423-697-4421 or email email@example.com. The Career Services Virtual Office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Food: The Tiger Cupboard provides supplemental food and other necessities for students in need. Visit for more information.
All students are welcome to join in events and activities! Check out your Student Life Calendar of Events.
For students who will complete associate degree requirements in May or summer months of 2021 and who have an intent to graduate form on file with Records, you will receive information about completing the required College Exit Exam via your student email (TigerMail) in mid-March. The exam is online, takes approximately 45 minutes and can be taken at your convenience by May 1, 2021. The results from the College Exit Exam are used for institutional improvement planning as well as an indicator of the learning within the required general education courses.