Dear Chattanooga State Community, over the past few weeks, we have shared a significant amount of information with you related to the College’s response to the COVID-19 situation. We’ve sent daily communications to ensure you were aware of changes, as well as aware of resources available to you to help ease the transition to our new temporary normal. Now that we are several weeks into learning and working from home and there are fewer daily updates, we will transition away from daily communications to less frequent communications. We remain committed to open and honest communication.
- Registration for summer is now open. Classes start May 11.
- You do not need a PIN to register.
- For assistance with academic advising or planning for summer 2020, please contact the appropriate business division as listed below:
- Business - 423-697-4441
- Engineering - 423-697-4434
- Humanities - 423-697-2441
- Math & Science - 423-697-2558
- Nursing & Allied Health - 423-697-4450
- Social & Behavioral Sciences - 423-697-3127
- TCAT - 423-697-4433
- Virtual peer-to-peer tutoring is available for the following subjects: ECED, Engineering, Information Technology, Life Sciences, Psychology, and World & U.S. History. A link to these tutoring resources will be added to the COVID-19 information page under Student Academic Resources.
Tutor.com will soon be added to many eLearn course sites. Instructors are receiving training this week. In the meantime, to see how tutor.com works, students can view this video.
- Please take advantage of Chattanooga State academic resources such as the Math Center, the Andrews Reading and Writing Center, the Kolwyck Library and the ePortfolio Lab. Links to these resources can be found on the COVID-19 information page.
Zoom Security Update
Zoom has recently issued a patch to fix vulnerabilities including resolving an issue where a malicious party could use UNC links to leak a user’s hashed password and resolving an issue where some users could access chat in a webinar when chat was disabled. Please be sure you are using the most recent release, Version 4.6.9 (19253.0401) available for download here. This article contains additional information about the latest release, as well as about upcoming releases.
Please continue to check the College COVID-19 information page for updates.
If there are issues you need help with, please reach out and ask. We want to ensure that our students, faculty and staff have the resources they need to be successful during this temporary situation. While we do not know when it will end, we know it is temporary. We will be stronger because of it. You will get through this. We will get through this.
Rebecca Ashford, Ed.D.