Dear Chattanooga State Family,
I hope everyone had a safe and Happy Thanksgiving break.
Congratulations! You are in the home-stretch, and the semester is almost over. I wish you all the best as you prepare to complete the semester. If you need assistance, please refer to the Student Resources section below.
Also, I encourage you to register for the spring semester as soon as possible. Information about registration is below as well.
If you are able to work and learn from home, please do so. If you must come to campus for class, work, or teaching, you may continue to do so. Be sure to complete the COVID-19 questionnaire before coming to campus.
The COVID-19 virus is spreading rapidly in our community. Please protect our community, yourself, and your loved ones by continuing to wear your mask when you are on campus or out in the community. Please stay home if you feel sick. We want you to be healthy, and we need your help in keeping our campus and community healthy as well.
We are resilient. We are innovative. We are united. We are ChattState.
Rebecca Ashford, Ed.D.
The Fall 2020 semester is coming to a close so we want to remind you that Spring 2021 registration has started. Please reach out to your assigned advisor to make an advising appointment. If you’re not sure who your assigned advisor is, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Tiger Tracks (https://degreeworks.chattanoogastate.edu).
- You will use your Tiger Web username and password to login.
- Look in the Academic Advisor box (top right or corner)
- If there are two advisors listed, reach out to the first person listed.
- Once you have located your advisor, use the campus directory (https://directory.chattanoogastate.edu/) to contact your advisor via email or phone.
- No advisor listed? No worries. Click this link: https://library.chattanoogastate.edu/AAVO to find out who your advisor is.
After you receive your educational plan and pin #, it is time to register for your classes. Here’s how: https://youtu.be/iJWWmjYA79g
You do not need a PIN to register. Also, TCAT students do not have an assigned advisor, but everyone in TCAT Student Services is here and happy to help you. TCAT Student Services is open from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.. Our email is TCATSS@ChattanoogaState.EDU, or you can call us at 423-697-4433.
Early College/Dual Enrollment students are registered through the Early College Office in partnership with students’ high school counselor. Please reach out to the Early College through the Early College Virtual Office to help with registration.
Student Life Department Hours of Operation are Monday-Thursday from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. by appointment only via: Calendly Appointment Scheduler
December 14th begins production and renewal of Spring 2021 IDs. In order for students to receive an ID, they must be able to provide the following:
- Student A#
- A valid Driver’s License or State Identification Card
- All fees must be paid or payment arrangements made with the Bursar Office and/or Financial Aid must be distributed to the student’s account.
- If you are unable to obtain a student ID during office hours, contact the Director of Student Activities at Dedric.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to check your TigerMail for your access code to complete the College Exit Exam by December 11, 2020. All associate degree graduates must complete the College Exit Exam titled the California Critical Thinking and Skills Test in order to receive their degree. The exam is online, at your convenience, and will take approximately 1 hour to complete. The College Exit Exam is in addition to any major field tests required of your specific major. If you have not received the email or have questions, please email email@example.com for assistance.
All students are welcome to join! Student cabinet meetings are a time when students can meet and discuss concerns with the college administration, learn about leadership opportunities, hear about upcoming campus events, and share club and organization announcements.
- Tutoring: Virtual tutoring services are available to you. Click here for more information.
- Emergency Aid: The Student Support Center is available to assist students struggling to meet their basic needs. Please use the Wellness Check on TigerWeb to let us know if you need assistance.
- Food: The Tiger Cupboard provides supplemental food and other necessities for students in need. Visit https://www.chattanoogastate.edu/tiger-cupboard for more information.
- Technology Support: Devices (laptops, hotspots, etc.) are available through the College. To request a device, complete the technology request form.
- Support Services: Chattanooga State is dedicated to delivering support services and resources to assist our students. Visit the virtual Student Support Center hereto learn more about the many services offered.
- Academic Resources: Visit the Fall 2020 Update page for a listing of academic resources, including links to the Math Center, Andrews Reading and Writing Center, the Testing Center, Kolwyck Library, and more.