The Academic Service Scholarship Program provides students with valuable financial aid resources in exchange for academic accomplishment and a campus-based service obligation. Please review the policies below if you are a current recipient, expected recipient, or an applicant who would like to learn more about the program.
- Check your Scholarship Application to ensure you have applied to this and other opportunities.
- Check the Employee Directory for contact information for your assigned supervisor.
- Please feel free to direct any questions regarding program requirements to FinAid@chattanoogastate.edu
- Academic Service recipients must check their Chattanooga State email accounts for their service assignments and contracts prior to each semester.
- Check your TigerWeb to access your student email account.
- Failure to check your service assignment and contact your supervisor will result in forfeiture and repayment of scholarship funds.
- Service assignments are based on institutional availability and student major.
- Service assignments are not based on student preference or request.
- Academic Service pays after Tennessee Promise and can result in a refund provided to the student as a check or direct deposit.
- The value of the award is equal to $25.33 per service hour.
- Students who fail to complete their assigned service must repay the hourly value for each incomplete hour, and will be subject to forfeiture.
- Recipients must reapply to retain this award in their second year.
- Students can receive Academic Service for 4 semesters.
- Students must maintain a 2.5 GPA each term and cumulatively.