Dear Chattanooga State family,
The fall semester will start on August 24, just over a week from now. I know there are still many questions about the transition into the fall semester. I hope that this communication will help answer some questions.
What do I do on the first day of classes (August 24th)?
What do I need to do on the first day for virtual classes since I will not be going to campus to take the class?
- For virtual classes, at your scheduled class date and time, log-in to eLearn to join your class. The eLearn portal will be open prior to the first day of classes to allow time for you to familiarize yourself with the log-in process.
- Additional information about eLearn, as well as TN eCampus, can be found here. Please note, eLearn is not accessible using the Internet Explorer browser. Instead, use Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari.
Fall Classes with Sections “PS#”
The times listed for all classes with sections “PS#” reflect the Central Time Zone (for example, 10AM Central is 11AM Eastern time). These classes are scheduled at the Kimball Site, and class times listed are based on the local time (Central Time) in Marion County. If you have any questions about your schedule, please contact your advisor. If you are a student at the Kimball Site and have questions, please contact the Kimball Site directly at 423-837-1327.
Fall 2020 Planning - FAQs
Will space be available on campus to take my virtual class if I have both hybrid and virtual classes or if I don’t have access to technology?
Yes. The following options will be available during the fall semester:
- The library will be open and computers will be available for homework and online/virtual class attendance. Group study spaces, individual study spaces, and classrooms will not be open. Library access is by appointment only. Click here for more information.
- Engineering and IT students will have access to Rooms 215 and 216 in the Wacker Institute on a first come, first served basis.
- TCAT students will have access to TCAT 60 and TCAT 38 computer labs. Please note, these labs may be closed for testing purposes a few times per week. You should confirm hours of operation with your TCAT instructors.
- Additional space may be made available as the need arises.
Is the bookstore open?
Yes. The bookstore is open daily from 9:00AM to 3:00PM. The bookstore will be observing all recommended health guidelines, and a mask is required. Click here for additional information.
Will I be able to borrow a laptop or digital device this fall like I was able to do in the spring?
Yes. Complete the Technology Request form available here. A limited number of devices are available for check out. Devices will be assigned on a first request, first served basis. A valid Chattanooga State student ID is required to request a device. This is a loaned device and must be returned at the end of the semester.
Are masks required this fall?
Yes. All individuals will be required to wear a face mask when on Chattanooga State’s campus or at any instructional sites. If a student is unable to wear a mask due to a disability can request an accommodation through the Disability Support Services office. Call to schedule an initial appointment with DSS at 423-697-4452. Employees can submit an exception request through the Office of Human Resources. Watch this video for additional information.
Fall 2020 Registration Options
Chat with us live via our Virtual Office, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Contact your advisor or if you do not know who your faculty advisor is, contact the appropriate academic division office or instructional site as listed below:
- Business - 423-697-4441 or Virtual Office
- Engineering - 423-697-4434 or Virtual Office
- Humanities - 423-697-4440 or Virtual Office
- Math & Science - 423-697-4442 or Virtual Office
- Nursing & Allied Health - 423-697-4450 or Virtual Office
- Social & Behavioral Sciences - 423-697-3127 or Virtual Office
- TCAT - 423-697-3203 or Virtual Office
- Dayton site - 423-365-5010
- Kimball site - 423-837-1327
TCAT Fall 2020 Registration Options
TCAT students have the option of registering online; however, if you need assistance, TCAT Chattanooga offers several options for Registration Assistance, including:
- In-person, on-campus. TCAT is open from 8:00AM to 5:30PM, Monday through Thursday and 8:00AM to 4:30PM on Fridays.
- Chat live with TCAT in the Virtual Office, Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 4:30PM.
- Email TCAT at TCATSS@ChattanoogaState.edu or call 423-697-4433.
EPB has installed a hotspot on the Chattanooga State campus. The device was set up in the parking lot near the TCAT Body Shop. A password is not required. To join the network, select the EPB Quick Connect option from the available networks, and then accept the terms and conditions to join.
Academic Resources for Students
- Kolwyck Library is here to support you with a variety of services and resources! Check out our KLIC Library Online Live guide for more details.Chat with us if you have questions!
- Visit the Fall 2020 Update page for a listing of additional academic resources including the Andrews Reading & Writing Center Online, the Math Center Online, eLearn Tools, and more.
- Academic Resources and The Testing Center provide support to students, assisting with a variety of issues regarding their course management system, Virtual Classes and testing.
Support Services for Students
If you are in need of assistance, please let us know. We are here to help you.
- The Helping Hands Fund provides emergency aid for students in need. Submit a Helping Hands Request here.
- The Tiger Cupboard provides supplemental food and other necessities for students in need. Visit https://www.chattanoogastate.edu/tiger-cupboard for more information.
- Chattanooga State is dedicated to delivering support services and resources to assist our students. Learn more about the services available through our Student Support Center here.
Please stay safe and healthy and wear your face mask. We are resilient. We are innovative. We are united. We are ChattState.
Rebecca Ashford, Ed.D.