The Andrews Reading and Writing Center is live online! While the center will not be open for face-to-face sessions, we will be available online with live assistance for writing assignments. Tutors will be available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9AM-5PM, and Tuesday, Thursday from 9AM-7PM.
Hours of Operation
Mon, Wed, Fri: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tues, Thurs: 9:00am – 7:00pm
Saturdays & Sundays: closed
All Official School Holidays: closed
Reception Desk (423-697-2410)
Director, Mollee Shannon (423-697-2516)
Manager, Michele Hough (423-697-2506)
Online Tutoring Options
Option 1: Live Tutoring Through Zoom
To schedule an appointment with a tutor in the Andrews Center:
- Go to https://trac.chattanoogastate.edu
- Sign in with Tiger ID and password.
- Search availability tab (left hand corner).
- Choose Center: Andrews Center.
- Choose a class.
- Click search. Availabilities will populate.
- Click on a time and save.
The student will then receive an email with a link to their specific tutor’s Zoom meeting room. They can also log back in to TutorTrac up to 15 minutes before their appointment, and click on the link generated by the software to access Zoom. This will generate on the main page after log-in.
Option 2: Online Essay Drop-Off
Students can email their writing as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out the Online Tutoring Form linked here. A tutor will review the writing, and respond to the student’s email with feedback.
To make an appointment students may either use https://trac.chattanoogastate.edu or contact Michele Hough during our normal business hours at 423-697-2410. She will happily help students navigate the Zoom software and answer any questions!
How We Can Help
Whether you are having trouble getting started on an assignment or have a complete draft ready for review, our tutors are happy to help with any any written assignment for any class. Appointments are not required, but strongly encouraged to guarantee tutor availability. You may make a 30-minute appointment by calling 697-2410 during business hours, or stop in IMC 215. We would love to meet you! You are welcome to 3 feedback sessions per assignment. Though we can't wave a magic wand over your essay to make it perfect, consistent tutoring can have pretty magical effects. We encourage students to visit the center early (do not wait until the day a paper is due) and often (to build writing skills and confidence over time).
- create and maintain a supportive, constructive environment
- help at any stage of the writing process: brainstorming, drafting, or revising
- discuss assignment requirements and any concerns you have about them
- help you focus on the most important aspects of an assignment
- help identify major sentence-level error patterns
- provide strategies for long-term reading and writing success
- admit when we don't have the answers, but work hard to find them
Tutors Will NOT..
- criticize your work or judge your writing skills
- discuss or predict grades
- correct sentence-level errors for you
- complete reading homework or reading notes for you
- compose sentences or drafts
- choose your topics or subject matter