Dear Chattanooga State family,
Congratulations on a successful week three of the Fall semester, you deserve it! Please keep reading for a few important updates and reminders.
Financial Aid Update
Financial Aid refunds are being processed this week. Continue to monitor your Self-Service Banner and Chattanooga State email accounts for updated information. Most financial aid funds have been released, but there are several steps involved in applying those funds to student accounts and issuing refunds of credit balances. The plan is to have all e-refunds sent out and paper checks mailed by the end of day, Friday, September 11.
As a reminder, up until the census date (14th day) of each semester, aid will appear as “pending” based on your registration in eligible classes. After the census date, aid is applied to your account based on classes you have started, and in which instructors have reported attendance. Most scholarships, grants, and loans update as attendance is reported or when you start late session classes. This could affect the refund amount now, or the timing of when you receive a refund.
We’re Here to Help
- Classes: Communicating with your instructors is one way to ensure success in your classes. Contact your faculty if you have questions or need assistance. We want you to be successful! Tutoring services are also available to you. Click here for more information.
- Technology Assistance: A limited number of devices and MyFi hotspots are available for check-out. Devices are assigned on a first request, first served basis. A valid ChattState student ID is required to request a device. This is a loaned device and must be returned at the end of the semester. To submit a request, complete the Technology Request form here.
- Emergency Aid: The Helping Hands Fund provides emergency aid for students in need. Submit a Helping Hands Request here.
- Food: The Tiger Cupboard provides supplemental food and other necessities for students in need. Visit https://www.chattanoogastate.edu/tiger-cupboard for more information.
- Single Stop Resources: Chattanooga State is dedicated to delivering support services and resources to assist our students. Learn more about the many services offered through the Student Support Center and visit the virtual Student Support Center here.
The College’s Belonging Matters campaign is a research-based approach to student success. We know that students succeed more when they feel that they belong. Visit the Belonging Matters webpage at chattanoogastate.edu/belonging-matters for more information. From this page you can access the TigerStories podcast - a series of stories that celebrates the unique, diverse, and supportive community on the ChattState campus. Additionally, check out the Single Stop Resources page for a listing of available support services and other resources available to students.
Cast Your Vote - #GoVoteTN
The Student Government Association would like to remind students about the upcoming Presidential Election on November 3rd. Make sure you are registered to vote at least 30 days before the upcoming election day. Register to vote or change your address by clicking here. For more information on Voter Registration, please visit GoVoteTN.com.
- Voter Registration Deadline (Monday, October 5)
- Absentee Ballot Request Deadline (Tuesday, October 27)
- Early Voting Period (Wednesday, October 14 - Thursday, October 29)
- Election Day (Tuesday, November 3)
Contact your local Election Commission or County Clerk Office for location and hours of operation. If you aren’t sure where you should vote, visit https://tnmap.tn.gov/voterlookup/ to look-up your assigned polling location.
Academic Resources for Students
- Kolwyck Library will be open with computers available for homework and online/virtual class attendance. Library access is by appointment only. To reserve a computer in the library, visit libcal.chattanoogastate.edu/reserve/computer. Check out the KLIC Library Online Live guide for more details. Chat with us if you have questions!
- The Virtual Math Center has a new location. If you need tutoring assistance, visit https://library.chattanoogastate.edu/mathcenter. The Virtual Math Center is open Monday - Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Fridays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Saturdays from Noon to 6:00 p.m.
- Visit the Fall 2020 Update page for a listing of additional academic resources.
- Academic Resources and The Testing Center provide support to students, assisting with a variety of issues regarding their course management system, Virtual Classes and testing.
Please stay safe and healthy and wear your face mask. Remember that help is here if you need it. Please reach out and tell how we can help you succeed. We are resilient. We are innovative. We are united. We are ChattState.
Rebecca Ashford, Ed.D.