Dear Chattanooga State Community,
The fall semester is only about five weeks away, and we are busy getting ready for you. As a reminder, we will be virtual, online, or hybrid (see more information below) in order to keep the spread of COVID-19 to a minimum.
Results from the spring 2020 semester show that our students completed the semester at the same rate as previous years, proving that you can be successful in this virtual environment. So, if you have not yet registered for fall, be sure to register as soon as possible.
Graduation plans are well underway! Although our commencement activities will be non-traditional, we are excited to have the opportunity to celebrate this achievement with you the week of July 20. Graduates have been assigned a day and time to come to campus to walk across the stage and have a picture made for the virtual celebration video, which will be released on August 1.
TCAT will hold commencement ceremonies on Tuesday, August 4 and Wednesday, August 5, with a virtual celebration video to be released at a later date. TCAT graduates should email TCATSS@ChattanoogaState.edu or call 423-697-4433 with questions or assistance.
Return to Campus Planning
- We are currently in Phase 3 of our Return to Campus plan. What does this mean? The campus is open with safety measures in place to minimize the risks associated with COVID-19. All individuals coming to campus must complete a daily health screener before coming to campus (student and employee survey is available in TigerWeb; visitors can access the survey here). Additionally, everyone on campus is required to wear a face mask and should practice social distancing (minimum 6-feet). Given the social distance requirement, we are establishing maximum allowable occupancy guidelines and will be limiting the number of individuals who can be in shared spaces at one time. The campus is open; however, we ask that if you do not have a specific need that requires you to be on campus (for example, a scheduled class, an appointment, etc.) that you do not come to campus. Our Return to Campus plan and other important updates can be found on our Campus Community Update page.
- Faculty continue their work in defining the instructional type for each course offered during the fall 2020 semester. This information should be finalized and available next week. As a reminder, fall 2020 courses will be taught utilizing one of the following types of instruction:
- virtual - scheduled date/time with faculty leading instruction live (in real-time) via Zoom, Teams, or WebEx,
- online - no scheduled time; learn on your own time and at your own pace, or
- hybrid - virtual and/or online component combined with an on-campus, hands-on component.
Fall 2020 Registration Update
New and returning students who have not yet registered for the fall 2020 semester should receive an email this week regarding on-campus registration assistance. An on-campus registration team will be available to assist you and ensure you are able to successfully complete the enrollment process. The email will include an assigned personal registration time and on-campus location, a checklist of next steps, and contact information should you need to reschedule. Dedicated spaces have been set-up on campus to allow for social distancing, and, as a reminder, all individuals on campus are required to wear a face mask.
You can also choose one of the following options for Registration Assistance:
- In-person, on-campus (by appointment): Monday through Thursday. Contact Kelli Yates to schedule an appointment at 423-697-2456 or email@example.com.
- Chat with us live via our Virtual Office, Monday through Friday, from 8a.m. to 4:30p.m.
- Virtual Registration Assistance via WebEx is available every Tuesday, 1-3p.m. and every Wednesday, 10 a.m.-Noon. These meetings are “drop in” format and can be accessed from your TigerWeb account. You must have an Education Plan and Pin before joining a session.
- Contact your advisor or if you do not know who your faculty advisor is, contact the appropriate academic division office or instructional site as listed below:
TCAT Registration Information
TCAT students should email TCATSS@ChattanoogaState.edu or call 423-697-4433 for assistance with TCAT program registration. TCAT students are not required to have a PIN for registration. TCAT students can also connect with advisors in the TCAT virtual office.
Support Services for Students
If you are in need of assistance, please let us know. We are here to help you.
- The Helping Hands Fund provides emergency aid for students in need. Submit a Helping Hands Request here.
- The Tiger Cupboard provides supplemental food and other necessities for students in need. Although the campus is closed, we will fulfill requests for food from the Cupboard. Visit https://www.chattanoogastate.edu/tiger-cupboard for more information.
- Chattanooga State is dedicated to delivering support services and resources to assist our students. Learn more about the services available through our Student Support Center here.
As a reminder, if you need to come to campus, you must complete the daily health screen questionnaire. Students and employees can access the screener in TigerWeb; visitors can access the questionnaire here. Also, when you are on campus (or anywhere where you are around other people), please wear your face mask and practice social distancing. We are resilient. We are innovative. We are united. We are ChattState.
Rebecca Ashford, Ed.D.