Mechatronics Technology AAS
Mechatronics integrates the fields of mechanical, electrical, robotics, controls and computer engineering to optimize the functionality of modern engineering systems.
This concentration has two specialization tracks which have a foundation in electrical and mechanical technology. The Automation Mechatronics track balances mechanical, electrical, and automation coursework for students interested in pursuing careers in mult-craft maintenance and troubleshooting, engineering services, and equipment installation. The Electrical and Instrumentation track emphasizes programmable logic control (PLC), motor control, and instrumentation and calibration for students interested in pursuing a career as a PLC programmer, control systems technician, and Instrumentation and calibration technician.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates will have a strong foundation of scientific and technical knowledge and hands-on experience to be equipped with critical thinking skills, and appreciation for team work, and effective communication skills required for engineering technicians.
- Graduates will meet or exceed standards for engineering technicians with technical service firms in local or regional industries or governmental agencies.
- Graduates will recognize the importance of professional development, continued learning, service to the local and global communities and will engage in discipline-specific organizations that foster these opportunities.
- An ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature
- An ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results.
- An ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team.
Graduation / Enrollment Data
2019-2020 Graduates: 14
Fall 2020 Enrollment: 39