Relationships of every kind, whether positive or negative, can have a huge impact on your success in college. Below are community partners to help you through issues with childcare, sexual well-being, or abuse.
All Around Help
- The Helen Ross McNabb Center is a useful provider of many types of behavioral health care.
- Smart Steps Child Care Payment Assistance can help pay for childcare while attending class.
- Hamilton County School Age Child Care offers afterschool, holiday, and summer break childcare for a daily rate.
- Chattanooga State Child Development Center provides child care to Chattanooga State students and employees. Fees and application information are on the website.
- The MOMentum Network supports single mothers pursuing education.
- The Sexually Transmitted Disease Clinic offers confidential and affordable testing for HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- A Step Ahead Chattanooga provides FREE long-term birth control to women in Southeast Tennessee.
- The Hamilton County Adult Immunization Clinic provides the vaccination for HPV. This vaccination helps prevent certain cancers and genital warts.
- The Hamilton County Health Department offers birth control and emergency contraception (like Plan B) at many of their clinics.
- The Georgia Health Department can assist with birth control and exams in Catoosa, Dade, and Walker counties.
- The National Abortion Federation has information on laws regarding abortion in Tennessee and a list of providers.
- Chattanooga Pride offers support, education, and advocacy for the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Nooga Diversity Center provides in-house medical and mental health support to members of Chattanooga’s queer community. They also offer many social events and educational outreach opportunities.
- Partnership Rape Crisis Center provides free, confidential crisis counseling, legal help, and medical and mental health resources for survivors of sexual assault.
- Sexual Assault Victims’ Advocacy Center provides free, confidential crisis counseling, legal help, and medical and mental health resources for survivors of sexual assault. (Catoosa, Dade, and Walker counties)
- Partnership Family Violence Center provides free, confidential crisis counseling, emergency shelter, and legal help to survivors of domestic violence.
- Children’s Advocacy Center works with children who have been abused by providing legal, medical, and therapeutic services.
- Family Justice Center addresses domestic violence, elder abuse, and human trafficking by providing counseling, legal assistance, and advocacy.