- If you have already changed your password with the Help Desk or in the Library, please disregard your text message and continue using the password you set.
- If you did not receive a text message with your one-time password, please visit the IT Help Desk located in the Library. Hours Monday–Thursday, 9 AM–5 PM, and Friday, 9 AM–3 PM.
Reactivate Your Account
To reactivate your account, you will need:
- Internet access to visit portal.office.com
- Your one-time temporary password provided by the College via text message
- A method to receive text messages for multi-factor authentication
Important: Do not use your one-time password to log in to a Chattanooga State computer. Only use it when accessing portal.office.com. Find an alternate way to reach portal.office.com. Once you're there, follow these steps:
- Log in to portal.office.com using your ChattState email address and the one-time password your received via text message.
- You'll be prompted to choose a new password.
- After selecting a new password, you'll see a "You're all set — we just need a moment" message.
- Close your web browser.
- Reopen the web browser.
- Return to portal.office.com and log in using your ChattState email address and the newly set password.
- You'll receive a "We need more information" message. Follow the prompts to set up Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), which requires receiving text messages.
Note: It may take up to 30 minutes for your new password to synchronize. If you plan to use the new password to log in to a College-owned laptop, ensure you are physically on campus and connected via a hard-wired (Ethernet) connection for the initial login attempt.