Use this Radiation Therapy Technology application checklist as a guide for successfully completing the application process for the college and the Radiation Therapy program. All application materials must be received before April 1st of each year. If the deadline falls on a weekend, the application materials should be received the following business day.
Program Admission Prerequisites
In order to apply for the Radiation Therapy program, the candidate must:
- be a graduate of a Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) accredited program in Radiologic Technology
- be a registered radiologic technologist (or registry-eligible technologist)
- have completed the Pre-Radiation Therapy curriculum at Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) and hold a certified nursing assistant certification (or be seeking certification to be completed by summer) as indicated by the articulation agreement
Complete College Enrollment
For consideration of program admittance, you must have completed Chattanooga State enrollment before the program deadline. If you are not a current student at Chattanooga State, please complete a College application online and choose “Credit Division” then choose “Radiation Therapy Technology”. Successful completion of all admission requirements to Chattanooga State entails:
- Submission of all official transcripts, proof of citizenship, etc.
- Testing (if applicable)
- Orientation (if applicable)
Go to the admission status page to check on your admission status.
Once College Enrollment is Complete
- Must be in the process of completing or have completed a Radiologic Technology Program OR the Pre-Radiation Therapy curriculum at MTSU.
Program Requirements Before Deadline
- Attend a required information session.
- You must attend a session for the year leading to your application, even if you attended a session in a previous year.
- All Radiation Therapy sessions will be conducted via Zoom. You can download the free Zoom application at https://zoom.us
- You will need to RSVP in order to attend the information session. A Zoom link will be sent to the email address you provide. Accessing that link will place you in a Zoom waiting room. You will be admitted to the information session by program faculty. Late arrivers will not be admitted.
- Observe/shadow in cancer treatment facility.
- You must complete a minimum of 24 hours of observation/shadowing in a cancer treatment facility AND your time spent observing/shadowing must be evaluated by the staff.
- This time must be documented on the Clinical Observation Timesheet and Evaluation form—see ‘Additional Forms’.
- You are encouraged to complete this observation/shadowing in one of the program’s approved clinical affiliates. The clinical listing can be found under ‘Additional Information’.
To be included in the applicant pool, you must:
- Be fully admitted to the college by the program application deadline
- Attend a Radiation Therapy information session in the year leading up to application
- Submit an online Allied Health application
- Provide all required documentation
Submit Program Application and Required Materials
Completed College Enrollment is required before program deadline for consideration of program admittance. All admission requirements must be completed before attempting to apply. Once the admission process is complete a Tiger ID and password will be sent to you. This will be needed to log-in to the application system.
Complete the Online Allied Health Application and attach the following documentation:
- Copy of all previous college *transcripts.
- Copy of proof of ARRT registration (score or test date).
- Copy of Applicant Letter of Clinical Recommendation for Radiation Therapy
- Copy of Applicant Letter of Academic Recommendation for Radiation Therapy
- Copy of Applicant Letter of Personal Recommendation for Radiation Therapy
- Copy of Clinical Observation Timesheet and Evaluation for Radiation Therapy
Saving/Submitting the online application automatically submits it to the Nursing and Allied Health Application Coordinator.
If you are applying as part of the MTSU Pre-Radiation Therapy program, please include the following:
- Documentation of CNA course completion and certification examination score
- Documentation of all completed pre-requisite coursework via an Upper Division form.
- Use the N&AH Transcript Request Form on Radiation Therapy website to obtain transcripts for the program.
- Copies are needed from all previous college(s)
- Previous transcripts sent to Chattanooga State Admissions Office cannot be copied and forwarded to the Nursing & Allied Health Division.
Chattanooga State Community College
Attn: Dr. Lisa Legg, Radiation Therapy Program Director, CBIH 126
4501 Amnicola Hwy.
Chattanooga TN 37406