Dear Chattanooga State Community,
We continue our planning for the fall 2020 semester, which we expect primarily to be a combination of hybrid and online classes. The plans we are making not only for classes but for every function of our college operations are aligned with the TN Pledge for Higher Education, with CDC Guidelines, and with guidance from the Hamilton County Health Department.
NEW Tutoring Services Available for Summer
We have contracted with Tutor.com to offer FREE tutoring for current Chattanooga State students who are currently enrolled for the summer term. The Tutor.com service is available for over 140 of our summer courses. To view a complete listing of courses for which Tutor.com is available, please click here. To access Tutor.com, look for the Tutor.com link module in the course content area in eLearn or in some cases, the instructor may have also included a link in the course syllabus. For additional instructions on accessing this service, please click here.
Registration can seem complex and challenging, but we are here to assist you and help simplify the process for you. We encourage you to register early in order to get the best course selections. We have several options for Registration Assistance, including:
- In-person, on-campus (by appointment): Monday through Thursday. Contact Kelli Yates to schedule an appointment at 423-697-2456 or email@example.com.
- Chat with us live via our Virtual Office, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Virtual Registration Assistance via WebEx is available every Tuesday from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. and every Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. - Noon. These meetings are “drop in” format and can be accessed from your TigerWeb account. Please note that you must have an Education Plan and Pin before joining these sessions.
Below are a few helpful videos to assist students with the registration process, as well as with viewing their schedule once they are registered.
- How to REGISTER for Chattanooga State classes (must have an educational plan and PIN):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUgE6wCI45Q&feature=youtu.be
- How to VIEW your Chattanooga State Schedule:https://youtu.be/qXX2wxSwLik
TCAT Registration Information
TCAT students should email TCATSS@ChattanoogaState.eduor call 423-697-4433 for assistance with TCAT program registration. TCAT students are not required to have a PIN for registration. TCAT students can also connect with advisors via the TCAT virtual office.
Support Services for Students
If you are in need of assistance, please let us know. We are here to help you.
- The Helping Hands Fund provides emergency aid for students in need. Submit a Helping Hands Request here.
- The Tiger Cupboard provides supplemental food and other necessities for students in need. Although the campus is closed, we will fulfill requests for food from the Cupboard. Visit https://www.chattanoogastate.edu/tiger-cupboard for more information.
- Chattanooga State is dedicated to delivering support services and resources to assist our students. Learn more about the services available through our Student Support Center here.
Remember, when you are on campus or anywhere that you are around other people, please wear your facemask and practice social distancing. We all have a role to play in promoting the health and safety of our community. Let’s do our part! We are resilient. We are innovative. We are united. We are ChattState.
Rebecca Ashford, Ed.D.