Dear Chattanooga State Community,
As we reach mid-June, I am reminded of how quickly the summer is passing and that the fall semester will begin very soon. Indeed, August 24 is sneaking up on us. There is much to do between now and then. Our return to campus planning continues and as promised, we will continue to keep you updated as new policies and procedures are defined.
Registration can seem complex and challenging, but we are here to assist you and help simplify the process for you. We have several options for Registration Assistance, including:
- In-person, on-campus (by appointment): Monday through Thursday. Contact Kelli Yates to schedule an appointment at 423-697-2456 or email@example.com.
- Chat with us live via our Virtual Office, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Virtual Registration Assistance via WebEx is available every Tuesday from 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. and every Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. - Noon. These meetings are “drop in” format and can be accessed from your TigerWeb account. Please note that you must have an Education Plan and Pin before joining these sessions.
We encourage you to register early in order to get the best course selections.
Return to Campus Planning Update
We are continuing the work necessary to finalize our plans to return to campus this fall. Our goal is to offer as much on-campus instruction as possible, while still maintaining social distancing and following other guidelines established by the CDC. We will be communicating with you via email over the coming weeks with additional details about fall plans so please continue to check your Chattanooga State emails, as well as reference our Return to Campus plan which has been updated. We are fully committed to the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff. As such, we are diligently following the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the guidance in the Tennessee Pledge for Higher Education, and the guidance from the Hamilton County Health Department.
CARES Act Distribution
As a reminder, the disbursement of CARES Act funds began Wednesday, June 10 for students who had bank account information on-file. For students who did not have direct deposit set-up, paper checks were issued the end of last week and mailed to the address currently on file. Please check your Chattanooga State email for important information about the distribution and use of the CARES Act funding. If you have additional questions about the CARES Act, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. CARES Act updates will also be posted here.
Support Services for Students
If you are in need of assistance, please let us know. We are here to help you.
- The Tiger Cupboard provides supplemental food and other necessities for students in need. Although the campus is closed, we will fulfill requests for food from the Cupboard. Visit https://www.chattanoogastate.edu/tiger-cupboard for more information.
- The Helping Hands Fund provides emergency aid for students in need. Submit a Helping Hands Request here.
- Chattanooga State is dedicated to delivering support services and resources to assist our students. Learn more about the services available through our Student Support Center here.
You have proven that you are resilient. You have proven you are up to the challenges that COVID-19 has presented. You got through this.
We have proven that we are united. We have proven that we can support each other through a massive shift in the way we learn and work. We got through this. To be sure, there still will be challenges ahead.
But now, let us look forward to a new day. Let us seize the opportunity to turn challenges into victories. Let us innovate and create an even better Chattanooga State. We are resilient. We are innovative. We are united. We are ChattState.
Rebecca Ashford, Ed.D.