Dear Chattanooga State Family,
I hope you have enjoyed your holiday break and have been able to take the time to rest and recharge. We are preparing for the spring semester and look forward to seeing you on campus soon. As a reminder, (TCAT classes begin January 12, and credit classes begin January 18).
TCAT Classes Begin Wednesday, January 12
College Classes Begin Tuesday, January 18
Masks on Campus
The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Complete Your FAFSA
Student Resources—We’re Here to Help
Student Life Events and Activities
We are resilient. We are innovative. We are united. We are ChattState.
Rebecca Ashford, Ed.D.
The College will be closed to the public Tuesday, Jan. 11 until 1:00PM so that all employees may attend Convocation.
We look forward to seeing you on campus! If you know someone who has not registered, be sure to tell them there is still time to register— via virtual office or email at TCATSS@ChattanoogaState.EDU, or call 423-697-4433.
We look forward to seeing you on campus! If you need help with enrollment or need to speak to your advisor, we’re here for you! If you know someone who is planning to attend classes this semester, let them know—there is still time to register!
We care about the health of our community, and while masks are optional on campus, due to the rapid rise of cases in our community, students, employees, and visitors are welcome to wear one—especially when in confined spaces with others.
The ODEI will be closed due to renovations to our inaugural DEI Center. Please contact silang.sam@chattanoogastate,edu to schedule appointments and any other questions. We expect to re-open when we return in January.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for next year, 2022-2023 is due February 1. If you will be enrolling in classes at any school as of July 1st, 2022, complete the FAFSA as soon as possible to have the best chance at any first come, first served scholarships, grants, or loans.
Submitting the FAFSA early also gives you a head start on completing any financial aid requirements or determining your financial aid eligibility. Some schools also use the summer semester or period as the start of their financial aid award year, so you will need to complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA for next summer, if you find out that it is needed at the school where you plan to enroll.
The Federal Student Aid website gives you a lot of information about completing the FAFSA, and about how financial aid works. For the 2022-2023 year, you will use your 2020 tax and income information for both you and your parent(s) or step-parent(s), if you are under 24 years old, or you and your spouse if you are considered “independent” on the FAFSA by age or special circumstances. If something in your family or financial situation has changed since filing taxes in 2020, and your household income is different, contact the Financial Aid Office after completing the FAFSA (using your 2020 financial information) about possible adjustments to the information in your federal aid application.
- Tutoring: ChattState offers in-person and virtual tutoring services.
- Emergency Aid: The Student Support Center is available to assist students struggling to meet their basic needs. Please use the Wellness Check on TigerWeb to let us know if you need assistance.
- Technology Support: Devices (laptops, hotspots, etc.) are available through the College. To request a device, complete the technology request form. Technology will continue to be available for students as long as they remain enrolled.
- Support Services: Chattanooga State is dedicated to delivering support services and resources to assist our students. Visit the virtual Student Support Center to learn more about the many services offered.
- Academic Resources: Visit the Fall 2021 Update page for a listing of academic resources, including links to the Math Center, Andrews Reading and Writing Center, the Testing Center, Kolwyck Library, and more.
- Student Assistance Library Campus Guide: We now have a Campus Guide for students to provide assistance with eLearn / Virtual Classes / Proctoring / Accessibility / etc.
- Career Services Center: The Career Services Center is available to provide services online or by phone to Chattanooga State students, alumni, faculty and staff. Services include career counseling & assistance with selecting a major, job search planning, resume writing assistance, interview skills, and more. Visit JOBlink to view job and internship opportunities. To schedule an appointment for any service, please call 423-697-4421 or email email@example.com. The Career Services Virtual Office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Food: The Tiger Cupboard provides supplemental food and other necessities for students in need.
- Tennessee Board of Regents Student Resources: We know that the global COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak has been causing a great deal of uncertainty, anxiety, and stress for students across Tennessee. Please know that you are not alone.
- Ride CARTA for Free: Chattanooga State students may ride CARTA for free with a valid ChattState ID through August 31, 2022. This agreement covers all routes.
All students are welcome to join! Check out our January events:
18 – Spring Welcome 11AM–2PM Omni Cafe
18 – TCAT Spring Welcome 5PM–7PM TCAT Cafe
19 – Kimball Spring Welcome 10AM–1PM Kimball Campus
20 – Dayton Spring Welcome 11AM–2PM Dayton Campus
24 – Hot Cocoa Bar/Vision Board 11AM–2PM Omni Cafe
24 – TCAT Hot Cocoa Bar/Vision Board 5PM–7PM TCAT Cafe
26 – Club Recruitment Day All Day OMNI
27 – Cupcakes and Canvas 11AM–2PM OMNI Cafe
31 – Grocery Bingo 12PM–2PM Omni Cafe