Guidelines to Qualify for TN Reconnect
To be eligible for this grant, an applicant must:
- Be a Tennessee resident.
- Not have previously earned an associate or baccalaureate degree
- Be at least 23 years old on or before January 1st, OR classified as independent on the FAFSA.
(An independent student is defined as one of the following: at least 23 years old, married, a veteran, a member of the armed forces, an orphan, a ward of the court, or someone with legal dependents other than a spouse, an emancipated minor or someone who is homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.)
- Fill out a TN Reconnect Scholarship Application listing your eligible college of choice
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) listing your eligible college of choice as the first school.
- Be admitted to and enroll in a Tennessee public community college at least part time (minimum 6 hours) in courses leading to a certificate or associate degree
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Not be in default on a student loan
- Not have an outstanding balance of previously awarded financial aid to an institution
- Not be incarcerated
To receive and maintain this grant, an adult learner must:
- Enroll in at least six (6) semester hours in the fall and spring semesters
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Complete the renewal FAFSA each year
- Continue to participate in the Reconnect Success Plan