Dear Chattanooga State Community, Yesterday, Governor Bill Lee issued Executive Order 22, a Statewide “Safer at Home” Order. Because of this, we have an update related to our campus closure, which is outlined below. Also, in our daily communication, we are trying to address questions that are coming from our students on the Chattanooga State Student Facebook page. Keep those questions coming so that we can address them. Here are today’s updates and reminders.
Summer Schedule Update
- Summer registration begins April 6. Students will not need a PIN number to register for any summer term, and students will be able to register without meeting with an academic advisor. Students will be required to meet the course pre-requisites in order to register for courses.
- Summer courses for degree programs beginning May 11 will be taught in an online format for at least the first summer term. The ability to offer on-campus instruction for future summer terms is being evaluated. Please continue to read updates for additional information.
Campus Closure Update
- The Chattanooga State main campus, as well as the Dayton and Kimball sites, will remain closed through at least April 24. Access is limited to essential employees only during this closure.
- All courses will continue to be taught in an online format for the remainder of the semester.
- TCAT and Engineering labs scheduled to begin April 6 will be postponed. Please check your emails or contact your instructors for additional information.
- Open computer labs and testing labs will continue to be closed until further notice.
Tutor Services Available
- We are in the process of launching an additional tutoring resource that will provide students online tutoring assistance 24/7. We will have an update by Friday, April 3.
- Math Center: sign-up for online tutoring here.
- Andrews Reading and Writing Center: schedule an appointment with a tutor here or call 423-697-2410.Students can also email their writing as a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the Online Tutoring Form.
- Visit the Kolwyck Library online here. Research and learning support is also available through Kolwyck Online at https://library.chattanoogastate.edu/lite/researchhelp.
- Contact the ePortfolio Lab through at ChattStateePortfolio@gmail.com. A mentor will respond via email with a solution or a link for a video conference. Additional resources are available on the ePortfolio website under the “Tech Help” tab.
Adult Students Stay Connected via Chat
“Adult Students Group Chat” sessions are scheduled for Wednesday, April 1 at 1:30 p.m. EST and Thursday, April 2 at 6:30 p.m. EST. Both sessions will be hosted by Marsha Goolesby-Barker with the Office of Adult Services.
- Join the April 1 session here.
- Join the April 2 session here.
- Adult students are also invited to join the CADRE Facebook page.
- Fall registration begins May 1. Additional details will be provided soon.
- If you are a student in need of a laptop or digital device, please complete the Technology Needs Request Form on the COVID-19 information page. We want to ensure you have the tools needed to be successful.
- If you are a candidate for graduation in May and have not completed the May 2020 Commencement Alternative Option survey, please take the time to do so. The survey was sent email@example.com via Survey Monkey and will be available until April 6.
Support Services for Students
Chattanooga State remains dedicated to delivering support services and resources to assist our students. Learn more about the services available through our Student Support Center here.
Please continue to check the College COVID-19 information page for updates.
We’ve added a few more resources on the website. So, be sure to check it regularly. I am truly grateful for your patience and perseverance as we all navigate these uncharted waters. You will get through this. We will get through this.
Rebecca Ashford, Ed.D.