Be job-ready. Earn a Computer Support Technician Diploma in about a year. Train for an entry-level position in Information Technology supporting computer systems, mobile devices, and networks in the modern workforce. Obtain industry-standard certifications through guided instruction, lab simulations, and live work. Develop personal, workplace, and technical skills grounded in academics.
- Program Length 3 semester (Diploma)
- Job Placement 90%
- Average Earnings $42,735 / yr
- Cost $5,099
Earning certifications can help you get a job or promotion. The program focuses on career-essential IT certifications including Microsoft Office Specialist and the Comp TIA A+ Exams. Complete the program in three semesters. Opportunities for co-op internships combine paid on-the-job training with classroom lessons in the second and third semesters.
- Provide technical support for hardware and software maintenance and use.
- Monitor computer systems' performance to ensure proper operation.
- Collaborate with others to resolve technical issues.
- Solve computer hardware and software problems.
- Read and communicate technical information effectively.
Enroll for fall, spring or summer semesters. Enrollment is limited to 35 students in each class. Current students are provided with opportunity to register early. Completion of the program requires 1290 clock hours.
|Fall (450 hours)||7:45am – 2:30pm||Monday - Friday|
|Spring (450 hours)||7:45am – 2:30pm||Monday - Friday|
|Summer (390 hours)||7:45am – 2:45pm||Monday - Friday|
1 - Computer Repair Tool Kit
|Certification Exam Vouchers||$300|
|Tuition||($1,383 per semester) $4,149|
The price of vouchers for certification exams is based on the student discount rate from CompTIA Academic Marketplace. TCAT students are eligible for the Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant and the Tennessee Promise of Reconnect scholarships that can offset the costs of tuition and fees. Under extenuation circumstances, the Vice President for Academic Affairs, at her/his discretion, may grant exception to the fees.
TCAT Special Fees
Charged in Addition to Maintenance and Tuition
- Credit by Examination Fee - The regular course fee is charged for each special examination and must be paid prior to taking the examination. Non-refundable. (See Academic Regulations.)
- Credit for Life Experience Fees - Assessment Fee for Experiential Learning $45.00. Experiential Learning Credit $15.00 per credit hour in excess of 3.0 credit hours. $90.00 maximum.
- High School Equivalency Test (Hi-SET) - $75
- Placement Test Fees - ACT - $45.00. (Refer to Admissions Policy.)
- Comp TIA A+
Comp TIA Certification Exam Vouchers
- A+ Exam Core 1 (220-1001) and Exam Core 2 (220-1002)
TestOut Labsim Software
- Office Pro
- PC Pro
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Processors (CPU)
- Memory (RAM)
- Power Systems
- Hard Drives and Storage Devices
- Input/Output Devices
- Setting Up a Local Network
- Network Infrastructure
- Mobile Devices
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Customer Service
- Installing Windows
- Maintaining Windows
- Advanced Troubleshooting
- A+ Exam Certification
- Google IT Support Professional Certification