Unfortunately due to the health concerns around the COVID-19 virus, all Campus Tours, including individual and group tours, have been suspended until further notice.
Bordering the Tennessee River Park, the 150-acre main campus has an air of tranquil beauty with majestic trees, flower gardens, flowing fountains and ponds. It is also an eco-friendly environment where Canadian geese, ducks, hawks, cranes and other forms of wildlife have a permanent home. Sculptures by world-renowned artists and students are displayed throughout the campus and in the nationally acclaimed Outdoor Museum of Art.
Scheduling a Campus Visit
The Office of Recruiting and Orientation host campus tours Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Each visit consists of a brief information session, followed by Student Guided Campus Tour. The total duration is approximately 1 hour.
- Tours are not available in August, December, and the first three (3) weeks of January and May. We certainly understand the time commitment that it takes in planning your tour however, during these specified times of the year we are unable to accommodate requests and exceptions will not be made.
- Each visit will consist of a brief information session, followed by a Student-Guided Campus Tour. The total time spent on campus is approximately 1 hour.
- Schedule your visit early. Chattanooga State Community College is a very popular destination for many prospective students. The tour calendar fills quickly, especially in the spring. You should place your request a least 2 weeks prior to your arrival to Chattanooga.
- The Recruiting and Orientation Office does not schedule or permit walk-on campus visits or tours during official college closings, special events, and holidays. Exceptions will not be made.
September – November
Tours are not available in December
Late January – April
The first two weeks of January, or first three weeks of May.
Last week of May – July 31
Tours are not available in August; however they will resume in September, after the Labor Day holiday.
Monday 6:00 pm until 7:00 pm
Wednesday and Friday 11:00 am until 12:00 pm
*If late 10 minutes or more, our availability to accommodate is not guaranteed*
(6 or more guests and a maximum of 75 guests)
all school tours are limit to high school students only unless approved by the Recruiting and Orientation Director.
Special Group Campus Tours
The Recruiting and Orientation Office hosts campus tours Tuesdays and Thursdays. The max time allowed for each group tour is 2 hours. Special group tours are offered to groups such as:
- Religious Organizations
- Community-based Organizations
- Elementary Schools/Students
- Middle Schools/Students
- Family Reunion Participants
Special Admissions Visitation Dates
The Office Recruiting and Orientation host various events for our prospective students. These events are designed to welcome high school juniors seniors, non-traditional students, along with their parents/guardians to our campus to experience firsthand, the excitement our students live every day.
You’ve heard about the campus, our faculty and all of our scholarly love. Now, we invite all prospective students to come and experience firsthand the excitement our students live every day.
During Tiger Day, you will have an opportunity to meet the Chatt State Family, and witness the rich diversity of backgrounds and interests represented in our student body.
You will also be able to speak with our faculty and staff about your plans for college and beyond; and learn how the entire campus community will work together with you to help you realize your dream.
Tiger Days takes place from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm, and is designed to answer many questions you might have about Chattanooga State Community College, and maybe a few you have not yet considered! We look forward to having you on campus for this very special event.
Please note that lunch will be served, free of charge for all registered students. Parents and other guests are welcome to enjoy lunch as well for $7.50 per person.
Making the Most of Your Tour
- Plan to arrive to campus at least 15 minutes early to allow time for parking
- Visitor parking is free
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing appropriate for the Tennessee climate
- In the case of inclement weather such as rain, thunderstorms or snow, tours maybe delayed or rescheduled.
Campus Visit Tips
Five steps to make the most of your college tour.
- ARRIVE ON TIME
Many schools consider demonstrated interest when evaluating your applications. Show your institutions of interest just how committed you are to learning about their school by being punctual and arriving at least 15 minutes early for your scheduled tour to account for parking and building location.
- DRESS APPROPRIATELY
Typically, tours involve quite a bit of walking. Select a pair of comfortable shoes either to wear or change into once your tour begins.
- COME PREPARED
Conduct preliminary research on the institution you are looking to visit. This will help both you and your tour guide when addressing your questions or concerns.
- ASK QUESTIONS
Would you like to know about specific program offerings? What about how much variety there is in the cafeteria? Now is the perfect time to engage a current student for their perspective. You have the questions. We have the answers.
- MAKE A GOOD IMPRESSION
Have you ever heard of the term "Networking"? Well you guessed it! It can begin here. Your ambassador may be the first individual you share your academic and professional aspirations and goals with. So, start off establishing a strong foundation to carry forth into your undergraduate journey and beyond.
Why Visit Chattanooga State?
A Campus Visit offers anyone a chance to personally experience Chattanooga State. Your tour includes opportunities to meet our friendly and outstanding students and faculty, while exploring our state-of-the-art labs and training facilities. Match our fields of study with your interests, in an internationally-diverse environment that truly puts the student first. Register for your campus visit today!
Register By Appointment
Monday - 6:00pm
Wednesday - 11:00am
Friday - 11:00am