start here go anywhere

Visiting or Transient College Students

You are a Visiting or Transient College Student if:

1. You are currently attending another college or university

2. and are interested in taking a few courses with us to be transferred back to your current college or university.


This isn't the type of student I am. Let me choose again.


Keep progressing toward a degree by taking a course or two from Chattanooga State.

Admissions Checklist for Visiting or Transient College Students

Check mark Complete the Online Application

Check mark Send Proof of Lawful Presence in U.S / Proof of Citizenship

State ID or USA Passport if out of state ID, or a valid birth certificate, is required.

Check mark Send Documentation to The Office of Admissions

  • Request that your official current college transcript be sent to the Office of Admissions
  • OR Request that a Transient Permission letter be issued by your home institution

Check mark Receive Acceptance

An email will be sent to you from the Office of Admissions letting you know your next steps.

Application Status Check