The Administrative Office Technology program offers a wide selection of career training opportunities in the Administrative and Accounting fields. Our graduates meet the constant demand for efficient administrative assistants, computer applications operators, and bookkeepers.
- Program Length 43 weeks
- Cost $4,649
The mission of the Administrative Office Technology program is to prepare students for success in the computerized office through technical training in the proper office procedures and the latest software applications, as well as to ingrain in them the proper ethics and attitudes necessary to succeed in a working environment.
The Administrative Office Technology program is designed to develop the skills necessary for entry level employment in the office of the 21st Century. While traditional office skills are still needed, there is an increasing emphasis on positive worker characteristics and computer skills. The curriculum is student centered and employment focused.
Typical Job Opportunities
- Insurance Clerk
- Payroll Clerk
- Accounts Receivable / Payable Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
Students may enroll during the fall, spring or summer term provided space is available. Students who are eligible to enroll will be given an opportunity to register for one of the open seats during the enrollment period for each term.
- Full-time classes only
- Enrollment is limited to 18 students in each class
|Fall (450 hours)||7:45am – 2:30pm||Monday - Friday|
|Spring (450 hours)||7:45am – 2:30pm||Monday - Friday|
|Summer (390 hours)||7:45am – 2:45pm||Monday - Friday|
|*Fall 450 hours||$1,383|
|Spring 450 hours||$1,383|
|Summer 390 hours||$1,383|
Cost = $4,649
Special Fees Charged in Addition to Maintenance and Tuition
- Credit by Examination Fee - The regular course fee is charged for each special examination and must be paid prior to taking the examination. Non-refundable. (See Academic Regulations.)
- Credit for Life Experience Fees - Assessment Fee for Experiential Learning $45.00. Experiential Learning Credit $15.00 per credit hour in excess of 3.0 credit hours. $90.00 maximum.
- High School Equivalency Test (Hi-SET) - $75
- Placement Test Fees - ACT - $45.00. (Refer to Admissions Policy.)
- Microsoft Office and SimiNet (Chattanooga State bookstore only)
- Ettiquette Edge
- Orientation and Safety
- Office Technology Foundations
- Keyboarding and Data Entry
- Office Procedures I
- Computer Literacy
- Word Processing Applications
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Office Procedures II
- Employability Skills
- Administrative Assistant (includes practicum)
- Accounting Assistant
- Business Matt