The Chattanooga State Adult Education Department provides learner-centered educational opportunities that are designed to:
- Improve basic educational skills
- Enhance career opportunities through college enrollment
- Increase workforce literacy skills
- Enrich the life skills of the people we serve
Classroom instruction focuses on individual needs through traditional and innovative methods of delivery. In the adult education program, everyone is recognized as a valuable participant in a community of learners where all members support and encourage each other to achieve their educational goals. Chattanooga State honors the diversity of our students, our instructors, and our community.
Types of Programs Offered
- Adult Basic Education (Basic Skills) Classes
- GED® Preparation Classes
- GED® FAST TRACK and Official GED Practice Test to qualify for the GED® exam
- English as a Second Language (ESL) Classes
- English as a Second Language classes with focus on English Literacy and Civics
Most classes are offered at both the Chattanooga State Eastgate Campus and at the St. Andrew's Center site, with both morning and evening schedules available.
- Completion of a 4-hour Assessment and a 4-hour Orientation session is required for registration in the GED® program. Completion of a 3-hour Assessment/Orientation session is required for registration in the ESL program.
- Prospective students may register at the Chattanooga State Eastgate Campus for any of our ABE or GED® classes.
- ESL registration is available at both the Eastgate Campus and St. Andrew's sites.
- Students will be assigned to an appropriate class upon completion of the Registration process.
GED Registration To register for the GED® program, call Eastgate at 423-697-2529 or St. Andrews at 423-643-0108 for information and an appointment for the 8-hour Assessment/Orientation process.
ESL Registration To register for the ESL program, call Eastgate at 423-697-2529 or St. Andrews at 423-643-0108 for information and an appointment for an Assessment/Orientation session.