Apply early to receive priority consideration for Chattanooga State scholarships.
- The ChSCC Scholarship application is available on December 1st each year for the upcoming academic year.
- The priority deadline is March 1st. Students applying prior to this date will receive priority consideration on available scholarships.
Student recruitment and retention are key factors when awarding scholarships. Scholarship funds are limited and are used to support the institution's enrollment goals of attracting high achieving students, students who contribute to the diversity of the student population, and removing financial barriers to support access for qualified students. Current recipients eligible for renewal scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. New potential recipients are awarded based the institution's enrollment goals. In addition, a portion of funds are reserved each year for recent high school graduates and awarded on an equitable distribution among all high schools.
Follow the steps below to apply for Chattanooga State Scholarships:
- New students - complete your admissions application
- Returning students and new 'students admitted' - complete the scholarship application located on the homepage of TigerWeb in the Financial Aid section.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the upcoming academic year (www.fafsa.gov). ChSCC's school code: 003998
- Recipients will receive an email notification via their Chattanooga State TigerMail when awarded. Students must accept awards within 30 days or the award will be cancelled and re-allocated.
- The first selection of recipients occurs between March and May.
- Students must re-apply each academic year. Students meeting the eligibility to retain a scholarship may receive it up to a maximum of four (full-time) semesters.